Located in Williamson County, Florence, Texas is a thriving community of just over 1,100 citizens. Located roughly 40 miles north of the capital city of Austin and just 13 miles west of Georgetown, the city of Florence offers a number of advantages for its citizens in combining a small town atmosphere while being near to a large city.
The History of Florence, Texas
The town itself goes back to the mid-19th century when it was firs settled. By the early 1850s, the town was known as Brooksville, however by 1957 the name of the town had changed to Florence and the first post office was constructed.
Over the ensuing years, the town of Florence both grew and lost their population due to changing economic conditions. However, by the turn of the 1990s the spreading out of Austin, Texas and particularly the subdivisions started to play a role in the growth of the town again. With over 1,100 people today, Florence now enjoys the solid support of being near one of the most attractive larger cities in the US while still maintaining its small town atmosphere.
The Local Government
The City of Florence incorporated in order to properly run its growing town and today operates under the standard structure of a City Council and Mayor’s Office. The City Council of Florence is responsible for creating the laws, rules and regulations of the town while the Mayor’s Office runs the day to day business that is necessary to keep it going.
The City Council meets the first Tuesday of each month in the Council Chambers and posts the discussion points of the meeting at least 3 days in advance. For those who wish to bring up particular items, they can do so with the council by submitting it properly by the Wednesday before the following Tuesday meeting.
The Environment & Attractions
Florence, Texas is a friendly community in the central part of the state that enjoys a sub-tropical climate. This is typified by generally warm winters and hot summers with elements of the extreme depending on the weather conditions.
Being in the southern part of the Great Plains, Florence is subject to the ever-changing weather conditions that may bring along the occasional tornado or blizzard from the Arctic. But for the most part the town enjoys relatively comfortable temperatures the year round.
The town itself offers a number of small events and attractions that are typical of small Texas communities. There is a great deal of pride in the town and there is a genuine effort to establish the sense of community while living near Austin.
While the benefits of having the capital city of Texas not far away has certainly helped this relatively small community, there is also no doubt that the town of Florence, Texas has also benefitted from their long history, vibrant past, and eye towards the future as one of the more attractive places to live in central Texas. For the people who live there, they would not call any other place home.
Florence City Council
PO Box 430
106 South Patterson
Florence, Texas 76527
Contact City Hall at 254-793-2490 x 2
Florence Police Department
PO Box 430
304 East Main Street
Florence, Texas 76527
For Emergencies, Please contact 911
Tips for Finding and Selecting the Right Criminal Defense Attorney
- Experience counts – You’ll want to choose a lawyer that has been a part of your community. She/he will understand local court procedures and have developed relationships with other local legal and government professionals.
- Choose an attorney skilled in your case type – A family law attorney will have very different skill than a criminal defense attorney. Just because someone is a friend of the family, does not make him/her the right person to represent you in criminal proceedings. .
- Hire an attorney who is clear about their compensation – Clearly defined fees and expenses should be provided before you make your decision.
- A good reputation goes a long way – You do not have far to look to find out about a lawyer’s reputation. Check out the cases they have won and testimonials provided. A good attorney will have a number of clients who have chosen to provide valued testimonials.
- Test-drive your attorney – Meet with the attorney to discuss your case. A few attorneys will provide a free consultation. Use that time to get a feel of compatibility and trust.
- Communicate – Always ask to stay in the loop of your case and be kept up to date with how things are going, this applies even if you are not required in court.
Florence, Texas Interests
The Gault Site
The Gault Site is one of the largest excavated sites of the Clovis culture (13,500) years ago) and a Texas State Archeological Landmark.
3451 FM 2843, Florence, 76527
Florence Criminal Defense Attorney
If you ever find yourself at the wrong side of the law and require a criminal defense attorney, make sure to choose wisely. It is important to speak to a criminal attorney that specializes in criminal law.
Robert McCabe will educate you on the nature of your specific charges and the criminal justice process. He candidly discusses the evidence and potential outcomes of you case as well as any legal defenses.
Robert has reviewed thousands of criminal cases and has tried more than 114 jury trials and will aggressively fight for the best possible outcome for you, whether it is through a plea bargain or jury trial.