About Robert M. McCabe
Call me today for a FREE CONSULTATION
Education and Licensure
- B.A. – Sam Houston State University, 1997
- J.D. – St. Mary’s University, 2000
- Board Certified – Criminal Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization (2008)
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Texas
- Certified Force Science® Analyst – Force Science® Institute (2016)
- Williamson County District Attorney’s Office, Georgetown, Texas
- Bexar County District Attorney’s Office, San Antonio, Texas
Trials and Courtroom Experience
- Completed over 122 criminal jury trials, including over 83 felony trials
- Litigated dozens of probation revocation hearings, pre-trial evidentiary hearings, motions to suppress evidence hearings, extradition matters and trials before the court
- Williamson County Children’s Advocacy Center Prosecutor of the Year 2009
- From 2006-2012, as a prosecutor, Robert lectured to hundreds of police officers, detectives, probation officers, judges, prosecutors, public defenders and police cadets on various topics including “Courtroom Testimony”, “Advanced Search and Seizure”, “Report Writing”, “Legislative Update”, “Filing Successful Cases”, “Eyewitness Identification”, “Traffic Stops”, “Officer Involved Shootings”, “Confessions”, “Joint Investigations”, “Search Warrants”, “Ethics” and “Using Technology in Court.”
- In 2014, Robert spoke at the annual conference of the Texas Association of Licensed Investigators (TALI) in Austin, Texas about the use of a private investigator in criminal defense cases.
- In 2015, Robert spoke at the annual conference of the Robbery Investigators of Texas (RIOT) in Fort Worth, Texas about officer invoved shooting cases from investigation through grand jury.
- In 2016, Robert spoke to police officers and citizens about officer involved shootings in places of worship in Austin, Texas.
- n 2016, Robert spoke to police officers about officer involved shootings in San Antonio, Texas.
- Member, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, Williamson County Bar Association
- Member, Bell County Bar Association
- Member, Georgetown Chamber of Commerce